1. Anything by RC Sproul. Dr. Sproul writes great books for the layman. But here are just a few.
2. How Should We Then Live? by Francis Schaffer.
This was one of the best books I have ever read. It takes you through the development of Western culture and reveals the poverty of its worldviews. It is in DVD format too. If you want to do a different study for a small group or Sunday School, this might be a useful tool.
3. Promise and Deliverance by SG De Graaf
This is a devotional walk through the history portions of the Bible. It will help you read the Bible in a way that brings to light the redemptive meaning of each individual story.
4. The Westminster Shorter Catechism for Study Classes by GI Williamson
This would correspond to something like "Theology for Dummies." I use this all the time for my study purposes. It was originally designed for for young people, but don't think it is below you if you are older. It is a great summary of Christian doctrine.
If you want something a bit more mature, try checking out G.I.'s The Westminster Confession: For Study Classes or Johannas Vos' Westminster Larger Catechism: A Commentary. These doctrinal works are extremely easy to work through, but will provide some of the best solid food that you've likely never experienced before.
5. The Practice of Piety by Lewis Bayly.
This is a manual for the Christian life written by a man who lived during the time of the Reformation. He wrote it to teach his congregation how to live a pious life before God. It contains great prayers, guides for keeping holy thoughts, and a little bit 'o theology that will warm your heart.
6. Institutes of Biblical Law by RJ Rushdoony.
This was one of those books that was absolutely life changing for me. We're all familiar with the ten commandments, but Rushdoony brings them meaning like you've never experienced. His excellence with the Old Testament laws is most rewarding too.
7. Hey, don't forget: Kids books are especially important for training up your pups in the Lord. I'll direct you to this seperate page for some good resources for your young ones.