Friday, February 19, 2010

Revulsion Intensifies, Matt's Critics Resort to Sardonic Mockery

It is always a joy to report on what people are saying about me.  This one is particularly good because the reviling is taken to another level: that of sardonic mockery. 

I knew that my last sermon on Isaiah 3, which was entitled "When Women Rule Us," would cause many to pick up stones to stone me.  Elainefox over on the Mansfield News Journal was certainly happy to cast the first blast.  Elainefox satirically takes the form of a fundamentalist believer in order to mock orthodox Christians.  While these posts are rather clever and imaginative (I found myself having a good chuckle at what was written about me!), the derisive disdain is unabashed. 

The first of her posts (entitled "A Like Minded Blogger") was rather mild.  The second (entitled "A Blogger Like Me: A formal man of God"), which deals with the above mentioned sermon, reveals a deeper contempt for me and the Word of God. 

To be sure, I commend Elainefox for demonstrating such an expertise in writing style.  Not many can do the whole sarcasm thing well, and it is always refreshing to see it done (even if I am the target of it)...  And, while I don't click around on the NJ much, I do hope I get to see Elaine's response to this post.

No comments: