Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Word Moves On

I should also mention another amazing thing that has to do with my brother behind bars.

I mentioned that I send him my sermons each week. It is always good to hear how he drinks in the messages and interacts with them. But it is even better to hear what he does with the sermons.

In his zeal for God, he seeks to advance the kingdom with the messages he recieves. After he reads them, he shares them with his Christian buddies on the inside. After that he passes them out to other inmates, using them much like tracts.

In his last letter he said that his group is growing because of the word's distribution (and he even signed the letter "Your extended congregation." That was a humbling thing!).

Perhaps, through my brother in the Lord, the prison system will indeed become a correctional facility.

No comments: