Thursday, January 7, 2010

Collision is a Smash: Atheism v. Christianity Documentary Worthy of Watching

The last post corresponds well with a Christmas gift that I received this year. I highly recommend the documentary Collision, a debate between renown author and atheist Christopher Hitchens and Reformed pastor Douglas Wilson.

I wasn't expecting much in terms of videography, but I have to say that I was very much impressed. The company that put it together has my utmost compliments on a job well done. Putting together sweet takes, top notch transitional music and two guys who provide superb content make for an entertaining and informing watch.

CRF will most likely watch it together some Sunday evening in the near future. So if you want to stop in, feel free.

4 comments:

http://pastorlarryrt.blogspot.com/ said...

Matt, looks like you hit a nerve with this one (http://www.meetup.com/CFI-NEO/boards/thread/8342812/). I agree that we need to press people who deny any legitimate moral authority and yet want to claim it. They are acting as "gods" to themselves and others.

Pastor Larry Oldaker
Lake Orthodox Presbyterian Church

Unknown said...

Nice. Thanks Pastor Larry!

Unknown said...

The more I think about about what prochoiceliberal said at this meet-up link, the more I feel that she isn't just informing her atheist friends of some stupid pastor/blogger. It seems like she is calling for backup.

She certainly does not recognize the reality of her worldview or admit the truth of my comment. I know that. However, it does seems like what I said really bothered her and had her tied. Then, since she could not adequately dealt with it, she needs someone else to come in and give her a hand (or at least some affirmation).

To me it looks like she is calling for "moral" support!

Unknown said...

Those of you tuning in here should recognize that these comments should be on the previous post
http://covenantchapel.blogspot.com/2010/01/atheism-christmas-and-morality.html