Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Matt to Speak at Combined Service in Savannah

I just thought I would let everyone know that CRF will be having a combined service with the Presbyterian church in Savannah for the next two weeks (March 7th and 14th).  I wanted to extend an invitation to everyone and say that anyone who would like to come may do so. 

I will be doing the teaching during both the Sunday school hour (9:45) and worship service (11:00). 

In the Sunday school class this week we will be examining one of the most basic worldview questions: What is my purpose in life?  (In slang that would be, "Why am I on this planet?")  Besides discussing what it means "to glorify God and enjoy him," we will be evaluating different worldviews to see how one's purpose in life determines how one lives his life. 

In the worship service, I'm going to preach on Proverbs 12:1, "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid."  My title for the sermon is "On being lovers of instruction."  But I think I prefer the title, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Savannah Presbyterian Church is located 10 minutes north of Ashland on St. Rt. 250.

No comments: