Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nothing but Praises for the Ashland Homeschool Gym Class

I just published an article on the homeschool gym class that the recreation director at the Kroc Center here in Ashland holds each week.  I can personally testify to how great it is.  I have to say that I am jealous that I don't get to participate, and I can hardly keep my eyes on the book I'm supposed to be reading while they play.

I'm not sure that we can laud the work that Todd Schoch does enough too.  His heart for kids and for the Lord is easily witnessed by any who look on.

I love this article too because it is shatters the idea that homeschool kids are sheltered, un-socialized, and altogether geeky.  If you could see them interact with each other (and with the parents!), you would marvel at how these kids are anything but sheltered and unsocialized. 

What is the most heartening is that the parents who bring the kids seem to have just as much fun as the kids.  It is fantastic that we are able to get together, share stories and resources, and simply enjoy each other's presence.

No comments: